8.4 Release Notes
Build number: 475431
- C++11 support now available. Get started here.
- Apple Pencil pressure reading is now supported on iPad Pro in addition to existing 3D Touch support.
- Slide Over and Split View multitasking now available to Marmalade apps on supported iPad models.
- Compression of assets in APKs on Android is now supported.
- Windows 10 ARM builds can now be directly deployed to any attached device without any special configuration.
- s3eCamera can now return high quality still images on Android, rather than the viewfinder preview.
- s3eWebView updated to use newer version of Chromium Embedded Framework on Windows Desktop.
Changed since 8.3
- MSDK-2455 Improved behaviour to show an alert box if an MKB doesn't exist (e.g. if it is deleted outside of the Hub but a project still refers to it).
- MSDK-2682 Improved behaviour to show an error status message when the Hub cannot find the architecture to run/install.
- MSDK-2460 Improved UI to make it more intuitive which deployment will be deployed.
- MSDK-2132 Fixed an issue where Quick C++ loader/engine debug vs release switches in the Hub were not picked up in ZeroBrane Studio.
- MSDK-2417 Fixed an issue where installing to device did not use the latest values from the Configurations section.
- MSDK-2410 Fixed an issue where the Hub would attempt to use previously deleted deployments when installing to device.
- MSDK-2456 Fixed an issue where the Readme tab was not working correctly if the Readme file did not already exist.
- MSDK-2463 Fixed an issue where the first deployment in the list could not be selected.
- MSDK-2499 Fixed an issue where new projects did not always include all selected integrations.
- MSDK-2594 Fixed an issue where precompiled Quick deployments also included the non-compiled version of the code.
- MSDK-2539 Fixed an issue where your project would be built twice when clicking Run in simulator.
- MSDK-2642 Fixed an issue where some Platform Settings were not detected correctly on Mac.
- MSDK-2778 Updated bundled ZeroBrane Studio to version 1.30.
- MSDK-1032 Added support for precompiled Lua files (
luac) on target devices.
- MSDK-1032 Added support for DataDirsRAM being set and similar scenarios when using precompiled Lua files.
- MSDK-2697 Added ability to call
QScene:play()using normal (non-table) parameters (was previously documented but not working).
- MSDK-2697 Added ability to "resume" play operation for
startFrameparameter as 0 (play continues from the last frame played).
- MSDK-2860 Added ability to get OS version as integer value. See the
device:getInfo()function in the Device library for more information.
- MSDK-1032 Improved runtime trace capability by use of new IwTrace
- MSDK-1641 Improved robustness of some Quick library code to avoid isssues of iterating over deleted table elements, using global instead of local variables and similar.
- MSDK-2679 Updated the default
WinPosYapp ICF settings to ensure window is not positioned under menu bar on OS X.
- MSDK-2741 Updated
QFacebook:register()to no longer refer to app secret but to provide support for passing the URL scheme suffix, if that needs to be set.
- MSDK-2646 Removed a debug assert in Quick socket code when there is no internet connection.
- MSDK-2169 s3eWindow
GAINED_FOCUSevents are now mapped to Quick suspend and resume events. The Quick engine treats them as synonymous with
- MSDK-2432 ZeroBrane Studio will now pull in the settings file generated by the 8.x version of the Hub (
project2.ini) if it finds it. The 7.x Hub file (
project.ini) will only be used as a fallback if
project2.iniis not found.
- MSDK-2475 Fixed line-endings of shell scripts in OpenQuick module so they can be run on Mac.
- MSDK-1785 Fixed wrong node z-order for touch events.
- MSDK-2544 Fixed incorrect
quick_prebuilt.mkbdefault output path for Windows 10 binaries.
- MSDK-2125 Fixed a crash when canceling a tween after the associated node is removed from its parent.
- MSDK-2645 Fixed an issue where a concatenated/precompiled app would fail on deployment, reporting a missing JSON module or similar.
- MSDK-2155 Fixed a memory leak in
- MSDK-2255 Fixed an issue with Label objects where the whole string may not be displayed if it contains two or more line break characters in sequence.
- MSDK-2798 Fixed a 8.3p3 regression in WebViewAdvanced example on Windows Desktop/Simulator that prevented window from being closed.
- MSDK-2815 Fixed missing implementation of
renderTexture:saveToFile()for PNG and JPEG.
- MSDK-2788 Fixed an issue where when two or more sprites simultaneously use filters of the same name they were interfering with each other.
- MSDK-2169 Following
system:resumeTimers()the next cocos2d
update()call is now ignored since this carries an invalid delta time from Quick's perspective.
- MSDK-2527 Fixed an error when emitting Juice projects.
- s3eDebug (MSDK-2290)
s3eDebugTraceChannelSwitch()is deprecated and no longer works properly. Use
- s3eVideo (MSDK-2109) Added error reporting for e.g. missing codecs. (Windows Desktop)
- s3eVideo (MSDK-2660) Fixed view stretching. (iOS 8.0+)
- s3eVideo (MSDK-2660) Now supports device rotation during play. Example updated to no longer freeze rotation by default. (iOS)
- s3eVideo (MSDK-2660) Updated suspend/resume sequence to restart playback on resume from near original position at point of suspend. (iOS)
- s3eVideo (MSDK-1674) Fixed suspend/resume behaviour. (Android)
- s3eCamera (MSDK-2832) Fixed clashing declaration that stopped s3eCamera and s3eCameraCapture being used together.
- s3eCamera (MSDK-2753) Fixed incorrect enum name from
- s3eCamera (MSDK-1221) Implemented functions
- s3eCameraCapture (MSDK-255) Added note to the documentation about supported platforms for
- s3eCameraCapture (MSDK-1962) Extended existing
S3E_CAMERA_STREAMING_SIZE_HINT_MAXIMUMto allow user to take stream with maximum frame resolution.
- s3eCameraCapture (MSDK-1963) Unified frame resolution picker. (Windows Store 8.x, Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 10)
- s3eImagePicker (MSDK-255) Added note to the documentation about supported platforms for
- s3eKeyboard (MSDK-2749) Extended with ability to setup type input for native soft keyboard. (iOS, Android)
- s3eKeyboard (MSDK-2450) Fixed press and hold key behaviour when using physical keyboard. (Windows Store 8.1, Windows 10)
- s3eKeyboard (MSDK-2536) Fixed soft keyboard appearing in tablet mode. (Windows 10)
- s3eClipboard (MSDK-2554) Fixed the length of the string stored in the clipboard returned by
- s3eClipboard (MSDK-2560) Fixed crash when use
- s3eAccelerometer (MSDK-2257) Fixed an issue where pointer was disabled after accelerometer is stopped. (Roku)
- s3eAccelerometer (MSDK-2663) Fixed orientation of accelerometer when rotating device upside down. (iOS 8.0)
- s3eSound (MSDK-2540) Fixed sound not playing on some Android 6.0 devices. (Android)
- s3eSound (MSDK-2893) Fixed sound crackling on some Android devices. (Android)
- s3eWebView (MSDK-2362) Added ability to enable WebView remote debugging via property
- s3eWebView (MSDK-1960) Fixed ability to play video on page. (Android)
s3eWebView (MSDK-2113) Fixed WKWebView wrong width on start. (iOS)
- s3eWebView (MSDK-2806) Added several ICF
[WebView]settings for controlling WKWebView behaviour (see here for details). (iOS)
- s3eWebView (MSDK-2395) Fixed links with
target="_blank". On OS X 10.10/10.11 fixed ability to click any links. (OS X)
- s3eWebView (MSDK-2278) Updated to use libcef version 2454. (Windows Desktop)
- s3eWebView (MSDK-2541) Added ability to use web view in windowless mode. Useful for fullscreen mode and transparent background. (Windows Desktop)
- s3eWebView (MSDK-2580) Fixed XP DLL assert when loading. (Windows Desktop)
- s3eWebView (MSDK-958) Fixed crash when using Simulator restart functionality. (Windows Simulator)
- s3eFile (MSDK-2221) Fixed an issue where
s3eFileOpen()did not handled UTF filename encoding. (Windows Desktop)
- s3eDevice (MSDK-2816) Added platform restrictions for
S3E_DEVICE_OS_VERSIONin the header and documentation.
- s3eDevice (MSDK-2723) Fixed crash on suspend/resume in
S3E_DEVICE_PPI_LOGICAL. (Windows Phone 8.1)
- s3eSoundRecord (MSDK-881) Added
S3E_SOUND_RECORD_HINT_MILLISECONDSproperty to let app developers balance sound recording performance and latency.
- IwCore (MSDK-2290) Changed the behaviour of IwTrace settings so that
XXX_VERBOSEtraces in extensions and so on no longer appear in the trace code by default (depending on the value of the
IW_TRACE_ALL_CHANNELSmacro). See Tracing for further details.
- IwDebug (MSDK-2290)
IwDebugTraceChannelSwitch()is deprecated and no longer works properly. Use
- IwBilling (MSDK-2487) Fixed an issue on Windows Store/10 where the product ID string went out of scope before a deferred transaction sequence could complete, leading to failure to finish the transaction and complete the IAP.
- IwBilling (MSDK-2812) Added new
IwBillingRestoreCompleteCallbackfor Android and iOS. This allows your code to determine when the asynchronous activity from a call to
- IwAnalytics (MSDK-2271) Fixed some memory leaks.
- IwAnalytics (MSDK-2833) Fixed an issue when building if the IwHttp module was included in an MKB or MKF before the IwAnalytics module and not using the
- IwUtil (MSDK-2781) Fixed some issues in
CIwVariableBitField, in particular
- IwGL (MSDK-2765) Added ability to set/get virtual resolution X/Y shift and X/Y scale. See IwGL virtual resolution for more details.
- IwGx (MSDK-2808) Fixed GLES2 backend to support UV1 stream when calling
- IwGeom (MSDK-2675) Fixed "Matrix cannot be normalised..." assertion in
IwGeomFMat.hdue to scaling around 1/1000 in model matrix.
- IwGeom (MSDK-2712) Fixed normalization of
- IwGxFont (MSDK-2704) Fixed memory leaks. Update FreeType to v2.6.3.
- IwGxFont (MSDK-2754) Fixed kerning on trailing invisible chars in the end of the line.
- IwUI (MSDK-2428) Fixed
eInlineKeyboardmode for non-default
- s3eWindowsAd (MSDK-2342) Fixed a crash when using s3eWindowsAd on ARM devices with debug build. (Windows)
- s3eIOSGameCenter (MSDK-2552) Fixed a crash that could happen when Control Center is displayed while native achievement UI is presented on screen. (iOS)
- s3eIOSGameCenter (MSDK-1999) Removed deprecated calls to GameKit. (iOS)
- s3eAmazonInAppPurchasing (MSDK-2538) Fixed purchase failure after calling
- s3eAndroidGooglePlayBilling (MSDK-2807) Updated example with GooglePlay static responses. (Android)
- s3eAndroidGooglePlayBilling (MSDK-2392) Fixed a random crash in extension. (Android)
- s3eAndroidGooglePlayBilling (MSDK-2787) Fixed a null pointer exception in
- s3eAndroidGooglePlayBilling (MSDK-2814) Guarded against null values in
- s3eFacebook (MSDK-2293) Fixed a crash on ARM devices. (Windows 10)
- s3eFacebook (MSDK-2596) Updated SDK for Android to version 3.23.1 and for iOS to version 3.24.4. (iOS, Android)
- s3eFacebook (MSDK-2327) Fixed permissions not showing. (Windows 10)
- s3eFacebook (MSDK-2719) Update to avoid using deprecated API calls. (iOS)
- s3eDialog (MSDK-411) Fixed reverse portrait orientation issue. (iOS)
- s3eGooglePlayServices (MSDK-2650) Updated extension to new SDK. (Android)
- s3eGooglePlayServices (MSDK-2752) Fixed an issue where login cancel was calling error callback with
- s3eGooglePlayServices (MSDK-2803) Fixed an issue loading leaderboard data callback when there are no scores. (Android)
- s3eGooglePlayServices (MSDK-2516) Updated extension to new GooglePlayGame SDK v2.1 and GoogleSignIn SDK 2.4.0. (iOS)
- s3eGooglePlayServices (MSDK-1234) Implemented "Welcome Back" offset and placement to avoid overlapping by Apple Game Center equivalent. (iOS)
- s3eGameCircle (MSDK-1834) Added missing textures to be able to show Leaderboards and Achievements. (Android)
- s3eFlurry (MSDK-2830) Fixed issue with double session creation on Android devices with API level 14 and above. (Android)
- MSDK-1457 Compression of assets in APKs is now supported. To control this behaviour, use the Your Project → Configurations → Your Config → Android → Miscellaneous → Android Assets Compression setting in the Hub or the
android-assets-compressiondeployment option in your project's MKB.
- WS-864 Added
AndroidTerminateAppICF setting to allow the app process to be terminated rather than just destroying activities as part of the app Activity lifecycle.
- MSDK-2745 Extended Java max heap size to 4GB for the multidex tool.
- MSDK-2402 Fixed an issue where individual keypresses were not returned by s3eKeyboard on some Samsung devices due to predictive text being active.
- MSDK-2714 Fixed compilation in some cases for Android x86 in release mode.
- MSDK-2780 Fixed gdb-based native debugging from OS X failing with "invalid architecture --arm".
- WS-830 Fixed an issue where the
android-external-assetsdeployment option did not work in all scenarios.
- MSDK-2495 Introduced support for iOS 9+ split-screen multitasking when running on supported iPad models. See "iPad multitasking support" section in iOS specific functionality and tips for more details.
- MSDK-2467 Added support for reading pressure value via s3ePointer when using Apple Pencil on iPad Pro.
- MSDK-532 Added
phone-external-assetsdeployment option to be able to specify platform specific assets.
- MSDK-2461 Fixed
s3eKeyboardGetChar()return value inconsistency with
S3E_WEOFfor native debug.
- MSDK-2523 Fixed icon packaging by preventing overwrite of 152x152 icon with 167x167.
- MSDK-2622 Fixed app launch using URL-scheme on iOS 8.x.
- MSDK-2729 Fixed crash on 3D touch devices when app was "squeezed" as if suspending it.
MSDK-2040 Fixed an issue where if
iphone-extra-plistis given multiple times and those fragments use the same key the last entry would replace the previous ones. Now, the entries are merged.
- MSDK-2746 Updated SDL to version to 2.0.4.
- MSDK-1480 Rework of s3eVideo.
- MSDK-1479 Rework of s3eAudio. Separated video and audio implementation.
- MSDK-2532 Marmalade build scripts now use xcpretty if found in PATH to reduce verbosity of logs produced by Xcode.
- MSDK-2746 Added new app ICF setting
[S3E]WinAllowAnySize. This will need to be set if you want to allow your window to exceed the size of the screen.
- MSDK-2630 Fixed an issue where
WinPosYapp ICF settings were ignored.
- MSDK-2469 Fixed an issue where
WinHeightapp ICF settings did not work correctly.
- MSDK-2396 Fixed an issue where WebView is not loaded sometimes.
- MSDK-1902 Fixed an issue when resizing s3eGLES1 window.
- MSDK-2747 Fixed hotkey behaviour: support CMD-Tab (process switching) rather than CMD-H (Hide). When using SDL these are either/or alternatives.
- MSDK-2786 Fixed window resize fail when exiting fullscreen.
- MSDK-2823 Fixed examples window resizing issue.
- SRV-561 Added s3eDialog support.
- MSDK-2783 Added support for direct deployment to ARM devices.
- SRV-644 Added AdDuplex support.
- SRV-645 Added s3eDialog support.
- SRV-715 Added back key event handling via
- MSDK-2492 Added
S3E_KEYBOARD_HAS_ALPHAdetection e.g. Surface Pro device or Bluetooth keyboard.
- SRV-603 Implemented
- SRV-609 Implemented
- MSDK-2821 Updated Win10 SDK target version references to 10.0.10586.0 to be able to build apps with VS2015 Update 2 that do not have Windows Kits for 10.0.10240.0 installed.
- SRV-565 Fixed
DispFixRotICF setting to work on devices without sensor but with accelerometer.
- MSDK-2331 Fixed crash on ARM devices. Added
win10-pack-distributiondeployment option to generate package for Windows Store.
- MSDK-2522 Fixed packages creation.
- MSDK-2597 Fixed return correct Frequency for the SoundRecord functionality.
- MSDK-2597 Fixed s3eContacts assert when initialize extension without permissions in Debug mode.
- MSDK-2597 Fixed
s3eDeviceGetInt(S3E_DEVICE_DX_FEATURE_LEVEL)to return correct DirectX feature level.
- MSDK-2597 Fixed ability to work on devices that support 12.0 and 12.1 DirectX feature level.
- MSDK-2662 Fixed AdDuplex extension release deployment from Hub issue.
- MSDK-2644 Fixed issue with dependency minVersion for test release deployment on Visual Studio 2015 for Windows 10 Update 2.
- MSDK-2710 Fixed crash when use
- MSDK-2819 Fixed surface size handling on devices with software navigation buttons.
Windows Phone 8.0
- SRV-213 Added s3eDialog support.
- MSDK-1981 Added app ICF setting
WinResizeChildWindowsto maintain child window sizes after minimize/restore operation.
- MSDK-2553 Fixed an issue where the specified app icon did not appear in the application caption and instead used the default icon.
MSDK-2030 Fixed an issue with window/surface reinitialization after calling
- MSDK-2770 Fixed an issue where the Steam overlay and cursor coordinates did not work with certain IntelHD Graphics chipsets.
- MSDK-2512 Fixed a memory crash in the debugger on exception handling.
- MSDK-2851 Fixed missing symbols on Windows XP.
- MSDK-2244 Removed previously deprecated
- MSDK-2434 Fixed an issue where failed deployments were reported as successful.
- MSDK-2528 Fixed an issue where the remote control would not work correctly after device sleep/wake.
Google Native Client
- MSDK-2652 Fixed an issue where the
s3eWindowPosition()function did not work correctly.
- MSDK-619 Fixed the IwUICalendar example assert after Add button press.
- MSDK-736 Fixed the IwUIContacts example assert after list item is deleted.
- MSDK-376 Fixed HarvestHijinks game crash.
- MSDK-2628 Fixes to allow Kartz to be compiled with Xcode7.3 (the compiler detected some latent errors).
- MSDK-766 Fixed the IwUILocation example assert during scaling. Fixed the assert while positioning the marker. Fixed the memory allocation failure.
- MSDK-819 Fixed IwUtil examples font size.
- MSDK-1880 Fixed s3eGLES2 example on OS X to use first not last suitable GL config (was crashing on window resize).
- MSDK-1127 Fixed s3eEvent pointer event showing on devices without keyboard.
- MSDK-2658 Fixed unexpected behavior on multi-touch devices or with mouse on desktop platforms.
- MSDK-1096 Improve s3eMixSoundAudio to play sounds on different channels.
- MSDK-2677 Removed third_party/python example.
- MSDK-1388, MSDK-460 Updated Quick Stage9 example to link to Facebook properly and to pass the correct score message when asked.
- MSDK-2169 Updated Quick Stage9 example to properly handle suspend/resume events.
- MSDK-2822 Fixed to Quick Stage9 example to better handle the scenario where the user touches to left or right of the gem grid - such touches are ignored.
MSDK-2578 Restored missing
config.luafiles to Quick Stage8/Stage9 examples. Files are now in the default position (the
resourcesdirectory). This makes it easier to generate and use precompiled
- MSDK-1277 Updated s3eFacebook example to use app suffix correctly on iOS.
MSDK-2744 Updated s3eFacebook example to reflect that the app secret is not required on iOS.
- MSDK-2597 Fixed s3eImagePicker example to save images to gallery on Windows 10.
- MSDK-2837 Fixed s3eCameraCapture example to only enable capturing to buffer on devices that support it.
- MSDK-1897 Updated C++ Stage7, HarvestHijinks and Kartz examples to cope with scenario where on PC or Mac if the app is minimised the game and audio will now be suspended until the app is restored (uses the s3eWindow extension).
- MSDK-2799 Fixed the s3eGooglePlayServices example description to comply with RFC1738 and avoid error ITMS-90158 during iOS application publishing with Application Loader on OS X.
- MSDK-2692 Fixed status messages in s3eGooglePlayServices example.
- MSDK-2823 Updated WebViewAdvanced example with ability to change web view's size on window size change.
- MSDK-2615 Added function IwAudioCaptureInitAssets to example to allow location of assets for the dialog to be specified for the IwAudioCapture example.
- MSDK-2811 Fixed the IwBilling example to allow products to be consumed if the transactionID is not empty.
- MSDK-766 Fixed an assertion in IwUILocation example.
- Xcode (MSDK-2598) Xcode plugin now supports Xcode 7.3.
- Simulator (MSDK-2466) Fixed resolution change through settings on OS X.
- Simulator (MSDK-2848) Fixed wrong output messages about missing files on both OS X and Windows.
- Simulator (MSDK-2800) Fixed crash on restart of Windows Simulator.
- Simulator (MSDK-1284) Fixed removal of user callbacks on s3ePointer restart on Windows Simulator.
- EDK (MSDK-2290) Updates to templates so that the generated code (especially that for Android) works with the updated IwTrace code. Issue was the wrong (undefined) trace channels being used. Note: only directly applies to new extensions. Existing extensions need modifying manually.
- EDK (MSDK-2603) Fixed an issue preventing s3eAmazonAds from building.
- MKB System (MSDK-2759) Fixed recognition of
.ccsource code files by build system
- IncrediBuild (MSDK-2705) Fixed IncrediBuild not working for some build types.
8.3 Release Notes
Build number: 467726
- Marmalade 2D Kit now integrated with the Marmalade Platform.
- Use the 2D Kit editor to creating a rich, dynamic and engaging UI experience.
- Integrate editor content with your Core projects using the 2D Kit runtime.
Changed since 8.2.1
Marmalade 2D Kit
- Combines a powerful yet easy to use editor with a cross-platform runtime designed to drive modern performant games.
- The editor allows you to rapidly layout scenes for game levels, UIs and complex multi-node animations.
- The runtime provides everything you need to integrate support for exported editor content directly into your own engine.
- MSDK-1997 Fixed opening deployment directory for Quick Tutorial.
- HUB-315 Tab Deployments: selected item changes to the item at the top of the list.
HUB-316 Tab Deployments: the Recreate button needed to be disabled.
HUB-317 Tab Deployments: check box should only be selected by direct click.
MSDK-2388 MKF tab disappeared when clicking Update from MKB.
- MSDK-429 Fixed calculate position for s3eVideo and Simple Video example.
- MSDK-2314 Fixed double event triggering with overlays on some situations.
Middleware - CRT
MSDK-2458 Fixed an issue where for aarch64 single binary builds, wcslen was reporting half the expected value.
- s3eDevice (MSDK-568) Add support for
S3E_DEVICE_PPI_LOGICALon Windows Store, Windows Phone and Windows 10.
- s3eFile (MSDK-2218) Fixed incorrect file size returned by
s3eFileGetFileInt()for non-existing file if use path with
- MSDK-2296 Extending the functionality of
iPhoneErrorOnMemoryWarningICF with option 2 to disable popup messages.
- MSDK-2303 Fixed issue where EDK extensions using Accelerate framework couldn't be linked properly.
- MSDK-1984 Added support for iPad Pro launch images/icons.
- MSDK-371 Fixed notify unicode for languages with special characters (for example, Russian).
- MSDK-371 Made modal WebView on Android not transparent.
- MSDK-2143 Fixed available display resolutions enumeration on Windows 10 Desktop.
- MSDK-2023 Updated documentation for s3eTouchpad on Android.
- MSDK-1144 Fix building s3eWebView for OS X from installed SDK.
- MSDK-1725 In s3eCameraCapture added progress ring on Windows Phone 8.1 to show saving progress.
- MSDK-2130/MSDK-1866 In s3eCamera fixed interleaved YUV420_888 format support in Android.
- MSDK-2106 Fixed s3eCamera to work on Android devices with one camera, plus corrections to s3eCameraBasic example.
- MSDK-2326 Fixed s3eWindowsStoreBilling XML receipt parsing on Windows Store 8.x/Phone 8.1, Windows 10 that causes exception.
- MSDK-2313 Fixed s3eGameCircle example to not crash if
S3E_EXT_GAMECIRCLE_DISABLE_ON_ANDROIDis defined (was failing if another app was started). Fix s3eGooglePlayServices example so can load MKB if
S3E_EXT_GOOGLEPLAYSERVICES_DISABLE_ON_IPHONEis defined (was refusing to load because
GOOGLEPLAYSERVICES_IOS_ASSETSwas not instatiated).
MSDK-2384 Fixed a compiler warning in s3ePointerMulti example.
MSDK-853 Fixed unable to close s3eEvent example on Windows Desktop.
- EDK (MSDK-2313) Semi-experimental feature to exclude extension implementations from deployed binaries by defining macros of the form
S3E_EXT_extension_DISABLE_ON_platform. Particularly useful for Quick - means that unused extensions can be removed from the deployment without recompiling or modifying the engine. Also added
loader_implementedkeyword to indicate extensions that are implemented by the Marmalade loader so can't be disabled.
- MSDK-2373 Update SDK license text to include ATI_Compress license. See
\licenses\ASSORTED.LICENSES.TXTin the installed SDK.
- MSDK-2488 Stopped shipping the Photon module. Can now be obtained directly from the Exit Games website.
8.2.1 Release Notes
Build number: 465988
- Support for 3D Touch on iOS. See 'Detecting touch pressure' here.
- Support for WatchKit extensions on iOS.
- Fixed App Store codesigning on PC.
- Added the ability to control the inclusion of extensions that contain IDFA. This is required by apps that were rejected from the App Store for inadvertently using IDFA. For more details see 'Preparing for binary upload' in the iOS Platform Guide.
Changed since 8.2
- MSDK-2294 Fixed a bug where after cancelling the 'Create Deployment' dialog, a blank deployment page was shown.
- HUB-236 The Builds list and 'Last Build' were not updated correctly.
- MSDK-2311 Added ability to view/edit MKB from Hub.
- HUB-309 Fixed a bug where the log was not visible if something went wrong when opening a project.
- HUB-314 Could not create a deployment.mkf file with empty mkb.
- HUB-310 Provide a way to reset deployment settings of a project.
- HUB-125 Add ability to create multiple builds in the 'Builds' page.
- HUB-285 Fixed the Hub UI becoming unresponsive when building on Mac OS.
- HUB-302 Fixed the Configurations tab hanging after cancelling a save operation.
- MSDK-2317 Company name and publisher entries were not being set.
- MSDK-2361 Changes to the project's readme file weren't saved.
- MSDK-2254 Fix issue where removeNode() could not be called multiple times for a given object.
- MSDK-2265 If createSprite is called using a table, allow xScale and yScale to be defined if relativeScaleX/relativeScaleY are not given.
- MSDK-2276 Fix OSDateCallParam lunary test on OS X.
- MSDK-2280 Fix issue where QNode:setParent() was not setting the object in question as a child of the target.
- MSDK-2265 Fix Lunary test code to pass on PC.
- s3ePointer (MSDK-2208) Implemented support for reporting touch pressure using s3ePointer events. Currently supported on selected iOS devices with 3D Touch technology (iPhone 6S/6S Plus) and iPad Pro with Apple Pencil. See Detecting inputs for more information on detecting touch pressure.
- IwAnalytics (MSDK-2302) Deprecate IW_ANALYTICS_EXCLUDE_IDFA_SUPPORT - use new DISABLE macro S3E_EXT_IOSIDENTIFIERS_DISABLE_ON_IPHONE instead. (Remove need to recompile the iwanalytics module to switch behaviour).
- HUB-311 Implemented support for 3D Touch App Shortcut actions (currently supported on iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus) through new s3eIOSAppShortcut extension.
- MSDK-2309 Re-implementation of fix for issue in iOS Native Debug with space in the project name.
- MSDK-2264 Fix for "invalid signature" error during App Store submissions when building on PC.
MSDK-2330 Updated WKWebView interface in s3eWebView to reflect standard ARC changes in UIWebView.
MSDK-2338 Fixed a regression with stack sizing issues which caused crashes on secondary threads due to stack overflow. The crux is that the default for the deployment option SysStackSizePlatform had changed from 0 to 128k. It has been changed back to 0 to get the system default stack size. One manifestation was that s3eAudioPlayFromBuffer crashed on different thread on Android.
- MSDK-2355 Removed spurious warning: "The target name is different across different builds of the project" when building a middleware module or extension with Visual Studio 2015 in Android Native mode.
- MSDK-2286 Minor fix to prevent potential crash in s3eAndroidGooglePlayBilling extension on some devices.
- MSDK-2176 Fixed issue with Alt-F4 being ignored as a quit request when in fullscreen mode.
- MSDK-2334 Fixed regression in snprintf (and friends) in vc11 and vc12 builds where passing 0 for size would cause stack corruption or a crash
- s3eIOSWatch (MSDK-1255) Introduced s3eIOSWatch extension for data exchange between Marmalade apps and WatchKit 1.0 style app extensions (Apple Watch apps). See iOS specific functionality and tips for more information.
- s3eFacebook (MSDK-2210) iOS extension can now provide app activation analytics data to Facebook if EnableAppEvents ICF option is enabled.
- s3eGameCenter (MSDK-2209) Introduced a function to list multiple GameCenter achievements at the same time. Enabled control of achievement completion banner from updated s3eGameCenter example.
- MKB System (MSDK-2289) Fixed a bug where an empty file group  or [""] in a 'files' block in an mkb file would cause an invalid Xcode project to be emitted.
EDK (MSDK-2307) Support DISABLE macros on a subset of extensions in the SDK - those used by prebuilt Quick engine and those that use IDFA on iOS.
8.2 Release Notes
- Windows: 463622
- Mac: 464356
- IncrediBuild support for ARM architecture.
- Improved video support for Windows Desktop.
- Updated version of ZeroBrane Studio for Quick.
- Multidex support for Android.
Changed since 8.1
- HUB-311 Disabled action buttons when building, cleaning or deploying to prevent inconsistent or confusing behaviour.
- HUB-307 Fixed an issue where the Hub would not work due to a DLL which may not be present on all machines.
- HUB-305 Fixed an issue where Configurations page options would not be applied under certain conditions.
- HUB-299 Any open tabs on the Configurations page are now preserved when leaving and returning to the page.
- HUB-297 Fixed an where the Install and run on device button would remain enabled after associated deployment was deleted, causing the Hub to crash if the button was clicked.
- HUB-295 Improved appearance of Cancel and Back buttons to appear more like buttons rather than links.
- HUB-293 Fixed an issue where some deployment configurations for Roku, Windows and BlackBerry were not persisted.
- HUB-292 Added ability to close dialogs using the Escape key.
- HUB-287 Fixed an issue where the Configurations page options
android_sdk_platform_versionhave invalid default values and are not persisted.
- HUB-242 Fixed typo in Create project dialog, on the project type drop down for "Web (HTLM5)" (oops).
- HUB-241 Improved behaviour when saving a configuration on the Configurations page. The interface no longer reverts to the "no configuration" selected appearance which could give the impression that that configuration failed to save.
- HUB-212 Removed the Builds page tab when working with Quick and Web projects. These projects are effectively pre-built apps with user defined resources added (Lua scripts or web content) so the concept of builds is not applicable.
- HUB-117 Open tabs are now persisted and restored when restarting the Hub.
- MSDK-2263 Tabs can now be reordered by clicking and dragging.
- MSDK-2141 Fixed an issue where a project would fail to load when the project's MKB file did not include any subprojects.
- MSDK-2266 Fixed an issue where all old project tabs would be reopened even if they had been previously closed.
- MSDK-2262 Fixed an issue when adding multiple external JARs to a project would cause the project to fail to build.
- MSDK-1606 Updated bundled version of ZeroBrane Studio from 0.5 to 1.2.
- MSDK-2056 Added support for light user data passing in Quick events. You can now use
LUA_EVENT_SET_TOLUA_LIGHT_PTRfor passing simple
void*pointers for comparison in Lua code. See OpenQuick's
- MSDK-1482 Fixed an issue where examples could crash in debug builds on OS X.
MSDK-2119 Removed Cocos2d macro double-definition from IwAnalytics. This removes an associated warning when opening Quick apps.
- MSDK-2242 Cleaned up Quick and OpenQuick C++ code to remove many warnings when rebuilding.
- MSDK-2237 Fixed an issue where Lua runtime error messages were not being printed out.
- MSDK-2029 Fixed an issue where a missing reference to WebKit prevented deployments to iOS from Macs.
- s3eVideo (MSDK-1694) Fixed an issue where screen would not rotate after video finishes playing (All Platforms).
- s3eVideo (MSDK-2175) Fixed an issue where the video was not resized when the window was resized (Simulator).
- s3eCameraCapture (MSDK-905) Fixed camera preview not filling whole screen and wrong back button handling (Windows Phone 8.1).
- s3eSurface (MSDK-2069) Updated API docs to state that s3eSurfaceOrientationLock is not supported on Windows Simulator, OS X and OS X Simulator platforms.
- s3eClipboard (MSDK-1927) Fixed incorrect behavior on Windows Store, Android and NaCL when passing NULL or empty string to
- s3eClipboard (MSDK-257) Fixed
s3eClipboardSetText()incorrect behavior with NULL pointer parameter (Android).
- s3eClipboard (MSDK-321) Fixed a crash when passing NULL pointer parameter to
- s3eClipboard (MSDK-1934) Fixed a hang after passing NULL pointer parameter to
s3eClipboardSetText()(Mac OS X).
- s3eOSReadString (MSDK-1913) Fixed
s3eOSReadStringUTF8()incorrect output if writing empty strings (Windows Store, Windows Phone).
- s3ePointer (MSDK-1922) Fixed an issue where mouse behaves as touch on devices with touch and mouse and keyboard inputs by extending
s3ePointerMultiwith additional notifications (Windows Store, Windows 10).
- IwBilling (MSDK-1971) Fixed potential crash when making deferred call to
- IwBilling (MSDK-1971)
Receiptmember now returns XML receipt data on Windows. Modified example to illustrate this change (Windows).
- IwBilling (MSDK-2178) Fixed an issue where consumable items could not be purchased multiple times (Windows 10).
- IwBilling (MSDK-1865) Fixed an issue where attempting to purchase subscriptions would fail (Android).
- Iw2DSceneGraph (MSDK-1957) Fixed an issue where
CSpritewould not scale to width and height values when just using
CIw2DImageinstead of an atlas. If you were manually scaling sprites as a workaround, you will need to remove this workaround.
- IwUI (MSDK-2112) Fixed an issue where device rotation would not cause surface to re-render due to incorrect interaction with s3eDeviceYieldUntilEvent.
- MSDK-1966 Fixed incorrect PPI value reported on iPhone 6s.
- MSDK-2058 Fixed a codesign issue when adding extra entitlements during deployments.
- MSDK-1111 Increased limit for number of functions in iOS extensions from 1024 to 2048.
- MSDK-2187 Fixed an issue where App Store submission would fail due to Windows
- MSDK-2172 Fixed an issue where App Store submission would fail due to 64-bit only apps not declaring arm64 as a required capability.
- MSDK-2171 Fixed an issue where App Store submission would fail due to not opting out of iPad multitasking capability.
- MSDK-2092 Added multidex support. For details on how to use this feature, see Android configuration and options guide.
- MSDK-2061 Added
android-extra-application-attributes-manifestdeployment option. Use this option to specify application attributes to be added to your app's
AndroidManifest.xmlfile during deployment.
Mac OS X
- MSDK-2101 Fixed incorrect behaviour when toggling fullscreen. Fullscreen button is now re-enabled (disabled on previous release due to this defect).
- MSDK-2068 Fixed
GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATIONerror when running s3eWindow on Simulator.
MSDK-2138 Fixed issue where mouse wheel events were not reported.
- MSDK-2195 Fixed an issue where
S3E_DEVICE_MEM_FREEcould return a negative value.
- MSDK-2194 Fixed an issue where a project could fail to deploy with a "WARNING: import of wp81 failed..." error message.
Window Phone 8.1
- MSDK-2013 Fixed wrong pointer placement on devices with on-screen soft keys.
- MSDK-2131 s3eVideo now uses Media Foundation. All file formats for video supported by Media Foundation (such as MPEG4 and H.264) are now available on Windows Desktop (Vista and later) without requiring installation of additional codecs.
- MSDK-2098 Fixed incorrect value returned from
S3E_DEVICE_OS_VERSIONproperty when running on Windows 8.1 or later.
- MSDK-2116 Fixed Simulator crash on exit of
- MSDK-2046 Fixed crash on some Windows 10 Mobile devices when playing fullscreen video.
MSDK-1926 Fixed an issue where accelerometer would not work correctly on Windows.Desktop device family.
- MSDK-2047 Fixed an issue where s3eEmail did not work on Windows 10 Mobile.
- MSDK-2239 Fixed an issue where the Roku remote would not be recognised if it is in "sleep" mode when the app is started.
- MSDK-2129 Replaced deprecated
requires_bluetoothmanifest option with
- MSDK-2128 Fixed an issue where wrong value would be assigned to
requires_gaming_remote) manifest option when set in the Hub.
Google Native Client
- MSDK-1599 Fixed an issue where a long delay could occur when suspending then resuming an app.
- IwUICalculator (MSDK-404) Fixed an issue where button size was not calculated correctly for widescreen devices.
- IwTwitter (MSDK-1711) Corrected instructions in example to state that username or email address can be used for login.
s3eEvent (MSDK-852) Fixed missing Marmalade icon.
- s3eIOSNotifications (MSDK-1289) Fixed an issue where the example would crash on cancelling message box without entering details.
- s3ePointerMulti (MSDK-706) Fixed an issue where the cursor status message was not shown correctly (Windows Desktop, Windows 10).
- s3eWebView (MSDK-1988) Fixed missing support for
WKWebView. Similarly, added support for
s3ebridgehas itself been modified: for any existing Marmalade Web project, the
data/webassets/wm.jsfile will need to be replaced with
web/wmJS/wm.jsfrom the installed Marmalade SDK (iOS).
- s3eWebView (MSDK-2075) Remaining unit test failures now pass with
WKWebViewon iOS 9. Added support to read local files via
ram://. Fixed missing error callback support (iOS).
- s3eWebView (MSDK-2075) Add
[WEBVIEW]IOSWebViewIOS8AllowWKfeature to allow
WKWebViewto be used on iOS 9 but not iOS 8. On iOS 8
WKWebViewdoes not support the opening of local files (iOS).
- s3eWebView (MSDK-2197) Fixed an issue when using
UIWebViewwhere device memory could be exhausted (iOS).
s3ePermissions (MSDK-2142) Fixed local string references leak (Android).
- Simulator (MSDK-1110) Fixed an issue where
WinHeightICF settings were ignored on OS X.
- Simulator (MSDK-2174) Added support for iPad Pro screen resolution.
- IncrediBuild (MSDK-2127) Fixed an issue that prevented IncrediBuild working for ARM and AARCH64 builds.
- Visual Studio (MSDK-2261) Fixed an issue where using the
msvc-no-debug-infooption would cause a full rebuild.
- Mac Installer (MSDK-2202) Fixed an issue where the disk image was incorrectly signed, requiring users to allow installation from "unidentified developers".
- MKB System (MSDK-2198) Introduced
win32-linkflagsMKB option for Visual Studio projects using native toolchain (equivalent to
linkflagsoption used by GCC toolchain). This option supports the
/DELAYLOAD} flag and applies changes to the appropriate section of the Visual Studio project file.
- MKB System (MSDK-2103) Fixed an issue where the technique used to detect
PowerShell.exelocation was incorrect, leading to failure to deploy Windows Phone, Windows Store and Windows 10 packages.
8.1 Release Notes
Build number: 459948
- Android API level 23 (Marshmallow) now supported.
- Added S3E Permissions extension to support Android M permissions.
- Added support for iOS 9.1 frameworks.
- Improved support for Mac OS X 10.11 platform.
With this release, the default minimum SDK version for Android apps has changed from 8 to 9.
Android 2.3 is now the earliest version supported.
Changed since 8.0
- HUB-259 Package Creator now available from the Tools page.
- HUB-266 Fixed an error when opening a project with subprojects containing deployment options.
- HUB-225 Distracting Terminal windows no longer appear when launching the Hub or external tools (Mac).
- HUB-238 Fixed a random crash on launch (Mac).
- HUB-262 Fixed a random crash on exit (Mac).
- HUB-237 Fixed a random crash when several projects were open at once.
- HUB-189 Fixed a crash when attempting to open a project that was deleted outside of the Hub.
- HUB-270 Fixed an issue where Maya/3ds Max exporters would not install correctly.
- HUB-264 Updated name of Hub in Dock from "hub2" to "Marmalade Hub" (Mac).
- HUB-275 Added "busy indicator" to footer in various screens.
- HUB-286 Fixed an issue where the Hub would crash on exit if background scripts were still executing.
- HUB-271 Defaults for
android_sdk_platform_versionupdated to 23.0.2 and 23 respectively as part of supporting Android M.
- HUB-282 Modified SDK behaviour to ensure that Android SDK build tools and platform versions are preserved on a per-SDK installation basis.
- MSDK-2088 Fixed an issue where the Hub would crash if opening a project created on a different development machine.
- MSDK-2082 Fixed an issue where some deployment settings were not saved when changing a project Configuration.
- MSDK-1896 Fixed an issue where the Open in IDE for debugging button would not update correctly based on the IDE selected in Platform Settings.
- MSDK-1978 Fixed an issue that caused the
iphone-extra-plistdeployment option from working when specified through the Hub.
- MSDK-1813 Fixed an issue where breakpoint debugging on iOS stopped working due to changes made to support IPv6 networks.
- MSDK-1820 Fixed broken
modules/third_party/openquick/openquick_toluascript on Mac. Now uses
quickfolder and is executable.
- MSDK-1822 Quick rebuild scripts (
quick/build_quick_prebuilt.batand so on) now all run
tolua++scripts first so you don't have to.
- IwUtil (MSDK-1816) Fixed an issue where some Simulator-only debug code was being included in x86 builds.
- General (MSDK-1804) Added
[s3e]MemMgrTrackTableSizeICF setting to allow S3E-side allocations tracking table size to be modified.
- s3eWebView (MSDK-1891) Fixed an issue where
S3E_WEBVIEW_STARTED_LOADINGcallback was not being invoked when using WKWebView on iOS 8 or later (iOS).
- s3eWebView (MSDK-1949) Fixed an issue where transparent web content was rendered as opaque (iOS).
- s3eWebView (MSDK-1675) Introduced
IOSWebViewDiskCacheICF settings to allow control over resources available to web views (iOS).
- s3eCamera (MSDK-1448) Fixed an issue where the "large" camera size would not work on certain devices (Android).
- s3eCamera (MSDK-1721) Fixed an issue where refusing to allow access to the camera would result in a crash (Windows Store 8.1).
- s3eCamera (MSDK-1744) Fixed an issue where camera video stream could stop working (Windows Store 8.0/8.1).
- s3eCamera (MSDK-1747) Fixed an issue where the rear camera could be selected even when the front camera was specified (Windows 10).
- s3eCamera (MSDK-1748) Fixed an issue where the camera would stop working after a period of time (Windows 10).
- s3eCamera (MSDK-1749) Fixed an issue where switching to the front camera would result in no video stream (Windows Store 8.1, Windows 10).
- s3eCamera (MSDK-1928) Fixed an issue where camera video stream was corrupted due to unsupported YUY2 pixel format (Windows Store 8.1, Windows 10) .
- MSDK-2004 Added support for iOS 9.1 frameworks.
- MSDK-1874 Fixed an issue where use of the deprecated
CFBundleResourceSpecificationkey in your app's
info.plistfile could cause App Store rejection.
- MSDK-1598 Fixed an issue where vibra would be reported as supported for iPod touch.
- MSDK-1856 Added S3E Permissions extension to handle Android 6.0+ permissions model.
- MSDK-1695 Updated
s3e-gdbscripts for Native Debug to support pre-Lollipop devices, x86 and ARM variants.
- MSDK-1381 Updated Android SDK build tools to 23.0.2 and default platform JAR to API 23. Also, increased the default minimum SDK version to API 9 (2.3.x Gingerbread).
- MSDK-1386 Updated Android SDK Support Library to 23.1.
Mac OS X
- MSDK-1870 Refactored platform loader for better compatibility when running on Mac OS X 10.11.
- MSDK-1849 Fixed an issue where Windows XP deployments failed to run due to a missing implementation in sockets library.
- MSDK-1839 Added support for ICF
S3E_SURFACE_DEVICE_ORIENTATION_LOCKon Windows Desktop apps when running on tablet devices with Windows 8.0 or later, and when in full screen mode. Also properly handle the screen being rotated. Note that if ICF
WinUseNonExclusiveModeFullscreenis set to 0 (the default) only fixed portrait or fixed landscape modes are supported, with other modes being mapped to one of those as appropriate.
- WINTEN-11 Added support for s3eWindows .
- WINTEN-66 Added support for s3eContacts.
- WINTEN-67 Added support for s3eEMail on desktop/tablet.
- WINTEN-91 Fixed s3eMixSoundAudio example so that volume can now be changed with software buttons.
- WINTEN-203 Fixed several issues with s3eSocket on Windows 10 Mobile.
- WINTEN-211 Fixed an issue where IwHttpExample would not connect to server when running on Windows 10 Mobile.
- WINTEN-215 Fixed an issue where Quick examples would assert on Windows 10 Mobile.
- WINTEN-219 Fixed an issue where s3eSoundRecord could crash.
- s3eIOSAppStoreBilling (MSDK-1815) Fixed an issue that prevented the example from working unless the bundle ID was set properly.
- My First Marmalade Core App (Stage 7) (MSDK-1824) Updated example so that Facebook posts work better on iOS (now uses the Facebook app or Web-based login details).
- s3eCameraBasic (MSDK-1566) Fixed an issue that could prevent the example from building.
- s3eImagePicker (MSDK-1987) Fixed an issue where choosing an unsupported filetype would crash the example.
- s3eSharedWhiteboard (MSDK-161) Improved the behaviour of the example by fixing it to landscape rotation.
- s3eIOSAppStoreBilling (MSDK-1815) Fixed an issue where the callback to indicate that restoring purchases has failed was missing (iOS).
- s3eIOSAppStoreBilling (MSDK-1883) Fixed an issue where on iOS 7 or later the receipt was returned in the deprecated JSON format rather than binary format (iOS).
- s3eIOSBackgroundMusic (MSDK-1400) This extension is now deprecated. Please use the cross-platform s3eBackgroundMusic instead.
- s3eChartBoost, s3eInMobiAds, s3eAmazonAds, s3eFlurryAppSpot, s3eGoogleAdMob (MSDK-1715) Added ATS (Application Transport Security) exceptions for iOS 9 (iOS).
- s3eAmazonAds (MSDK-1976) Fixed an issue which stopped test ads from working (iOS).
- ld64 (MSDK-1796) Updated to v253.3 to support third-party libraries built for iOS 9 and Xcode 7.
- iPhone Signer (MSDK-1224) Now able to process binary plist files.
- iPhone Signer (MSDK-1224) Now understands iOS extensions bundles (iOS 8 and app extensions).
iPhone Signer (MSDK-1224) Timestamp of signed binaries is no longer 1/1/1970.
- Package Creator (MSDK-1373) Removed unnecessary
build.shscripts when creating packages (Windows).
- Package Installer (mpm) (MSDK-1718) Cleanup packages after installation to avoid having orphaned files.
- Package Installer (mpm) (MSDK-1858) Spaces in package names can now be installed correctly.
- Maya Exporter (MSDK-1918) Fixed a crash when using certain texture paths (for example, would fail to export the Sponza model).
- Python Scripts (MSDK-1831) Fixed an issue that prevented non-bash shells (such as MinGW) from executing Python scripts.
- IncrediBuild (MSDK-1940) Fixed an issue that prevented IncrediBuild from working with VS2013 and VS2015.
- EDK Builder (MSDK-1888) Fixed an issue where incorrect error code documentation was auto-generated for callback
8.0 Release Notes
Build number: 453792
- New! Marmalade Hub, for Mac and Windows.
- New! Marmalade Analytics, free cross-platform analytics.
- New! Android Native Debug, now out of beta.
- S3E Web View now supports WKWebView on iOS.
- S3E Windows Ad now supported on Windows 10.
Changed since 7.10
Marmalade Cloud Services
- New version of the Marmalade Hub for both Mac and Windows.
- MSDK-1218 Add support for creating and passing Lua tables to Quick events from C callbacks. See here for more details.
- MSDK-1377 Fixed Facebook example "close and clear" behaviour.
- MSDK-1672 Fixed issue when deploying tutorial examples from the command line when using SCons.
- MSDK-1629 Fixed regression in
dofile()behaviour (now returns value as required).
- MSDK-1684, MA-34836 Fixed an issue with incorrect precompiled Lua file paths.
- MSDK-1708 Fixed an issue where out-of-date
quickluacontents prevented game tutorials from working.
- IwGx (MSDK-1570) Fixed an issue where incorrect symbols were being used due to inclusion of
ATI_Compress_MT_VC7.libin link libraries for non-desktop Windows x86 platforms.
- IwCRT (MSDK-1733)
getaddrinfo()function now handles
- IwUtil (MSDK-1557) Added
[util]MemMgrTrackTableSizeICF setting to allow allocations tracking table size to be modified.
- C Standard Library (MSDK-1644) Fixed a memory corruption in
fsetpos()functions on 64-bit platforms.
- s3eWebView (MSDK-1681) Now supports WKWebView on iOS 8 or later. To use WKWebView set the
[webview]IOSWebViewTypeICF setting to 1. In a future release WKWebView will become the default web view engine (when using iOS 8 or later).
- s3eCallback (MSDK-1464) Fixed an issue where callback completion function calls could be lost, for example in
- s3eSurface (MSDK-1735) Extended quantised resolutions list to align with modern device resolutions.
- MSDK-1282 Specifying a generic icon in the Hub will now only generate the icon sizes required for iOS 7 or later.
- MSDK-1247 Fixed an issue that prevented iOS Native Debug from working with 32-bit builds running on 64-bit iOS devices.
- Android Native Debug (previously in beta). Use the Visual Studio Debugger or GDB to debug your Marmalade apps on Android devices.
- MSDK-1680 Fixed an issue where Android Native Debug did not work in Visual Studio when launched from the Hub.
- MSDK-1720 Compiler flags when using Android Native Debug are now correctly reflected in Visual Studio project properties.
- MSDK-1743 Fixed an issue where app library output path was set to filesystem root for Android Native Debug in Visual Studio 2015.
- MSDK-1742 Fixed an issue where both ARM and x86 libraries were included in the APK for Android Native Debug in Visual Studio 2015.
- MSDK-1310 ARMv7-A vfpv3 softfp is the default variant set for Android Native Debug builds for ARM targets. Middleware libraries now use
--android-x86command line arguments deprecated in favour of
- MSDK-1764 Fixed an issue where the
.licfile was not generated for
--androidnative --armScons build on Windows.
- MSDK-1771 Fixed an issue where third-party libraries were not being added to the APK for
--androidnativebuilt from command-line.
- MSDK-1704 Fixed an issue where C++ compiler flags were applied to C source files when building with Visual Studio 2015.
- MSDK-1735 Fixed compiler flags applied for Android Native Debug in Visual Studio 2015.
- MSDK-1735 Fixed an issue where Debug extension libraries were deployed for Release builds for Android Native Debug in Visual Studio 2015.
- MSDK-1799 Added deploy and run command-line support for APK built with Visual Studio 2015.
- MSDK-1787 Fixed a crash on startup when
targetSdkVersion=23for ARM builds.
- MSDK-1714 Fixed Android x86 regression when using SSE optimisations (for example when using S3E Video to play jpeg images).
- MSDK-385 Can now handle
assetssection of MKB. Note that the result of adding
foo.gzto assets is that both
foowill be present in the APK (this is a feature of the Android packaging tool used to generate the file). Previously only
foowould be added and not
Windows Phone 8.1
- MSDK-1660 Fixed an issue where debug trace was not shown when using Visual Studio 2013.
- MSDK-1827 Fixed an issue when using s3eImagePicker where resuming after suspend would restart rather than resume the app.
Mac OS X
- MSDK-1264 Fixed issue where OS X SDK version could not be properly detected (such as when running Xcode 6.4 on OSX 10.11).
- MSDK-1264 Introduced
osx-versionMKB option to force specific OS X SDK version when building OS X extensions.
- MSDK-1782 Fixed an issue where not all command line arguments were passed to
- MSDK-1782 Fixed an issue where not all command line arguments were passed to
- MSDK-1631 Fixed link errors when using x86 Release mode in Visual Studio 2015.
- WINTEN-81 S3E Windows Ad extension now supports Windows 10.
- MSDK-843 (s3eSoundboard) Fixed compilation error in example.
- MSDK-385 (s3eCompressionBasic) Updated example to handle errors when opening data file.
- MSDK-744 (HarvestHijinks C++ Tutorial, Stage7) Message posted to Facebook now correctly reports the game level that has been completed.
- MSDK-1789 (s3eFacebook) Fixed an issue that prevented example from being compiled for ARM.
- MSDK-522 Fixed various compilation errors in examples when using iOS Native Debug for 64-bit.
- Package Manager (MSDK-1719) On Windows, now waits for a keypress after installing a package before closing output window.
- MKB System (MSDK-1706) Fixed handling of
builddirfor Android Native Debug when building with SCons.
- MKB System (MSDK-1776) The GCC linker flag
fFlagis now always applied, as-needed, when building on Windows or Mac (for non-MIPS platforms).
MKB System (MSDK-1778) The default compiler for x86 targets is now GCC rather than RVCT.
- No labels