- Page restrictions apply
- Added by Doc Editor, last edited by Ryan Gilmour on Mar 14, 2016 (view change)
8.3 Release Notes
Build number: 467726
- Marmalade 2D Kit now integrated with the Marmalade Platform.
- Use the 2D Kit editor to creating a rich, dynamic and engaging UI experience.
- Integrate editor content with your Core projects using the 2D Kit runtime.
Changed since 8.2.1
Marmalade 2D Kit
- Combines a powerful yet easy to use editor with a cross-platform runtime designed to drive modern performant games.
- The editor allows you to rapidly layout scenes for game levels, UIs and complex multi-node animations.
- The runtime provides everything you need to integrate support for exported editor content directly into your own engine.
- MSDK-1997 Fixed opening deployment directory for Quick Tutorial.
- HUB-315 Tab Deployments: selected item changes to the item at the top of the list.
HUB-316 Tab Deployments: the Recreate button needed to be disabled.
HUB-317 Tab Deployments: check box should only be selected by direct click.
MSDK-2388 MKF tab disappeared when clicking Update from MKB.
- MSDK-429 Fixed calculate position for s3eVideo and Simple Video example.
- MSDK-2314 Fixed double event triggering with overlays on some situations.
Middleware - CRT
MSDK-2458 Fixed an issue where for aarch64 single binary builds, wcslen was reporting half the expected value.
- s3eDevice (MSDK-568) Add support for
S3E_DEVICE_PPI_LOGICALon Windows Store, Windows Phone and Windows 10.
- s3eFile (MSDK-2218) Fixed incorrect file size returned by
s3eFileGetFileInt()for non-existing file if use path with
- MSDK-2296 Extending the functionality of
iPhoneErrorOnMemoryWarningICF with option 2 to disable popup messages.
- MSDK-2303 Fixed issue where EDK extensions using Accelerate framework couldn't be linked properly.
- MSDK-1984 Added support for iPad Pro launch images/icons.
- MSDK-371 Fixed notify unicode for languages with special characters (for example, Russian).
- MSDK-371 Made modal WebView on Android not transparent.
- MSDK-2143 Fixed available display resolutions enumeration on Windows 10 Desktop.
- MSDK-2023 Updated documentation for s3eTouchpad on Android.
- MSDK-1144 Fix building s3eWebView for OS X from installed SDK.
- MSDK-1725 In s3eCameraCapture added progress ring on Windows Phone 8.1 to show saving progress.
- MSDK-2130/MSDK-1866 In s3eCamera fixed interleaved YUV420_888 format support in Android.
- MSDK-2106 Fixed s3eCamera to work on Android devices with one camera, plus corrections to s3eCameraBasic example.
- MSDK-2326 Fixed s3eWindowsStoreBilling XML receipt parsing on Windows Store 8.x/Phone 8.1, Windows 10 that causes exception.
- MSDK-2313 Fixed s3eGameCircle example to not crash if
S3E_EXT_GAMECIRCLE_DISABLE_ON_ANDROIDis defined (was failing if another app was started). Fix s3eGooglePlayServices example so can load MKB if
S3E_EXT_GOOGLEPLAYSERVICES_DISABLE_ON_IPHONEis defined (was refusing to load because
GOOGLEPLAYSERVICES_IOS_ASSETSwas not instatiated).
MSDK-2384 Fixed a compiler warning in s3ePointerMulti example.
MSDK-853 Fixed unable to close s3eEvent example on Windows Desktop.
- EDK (MSDK-2313) Semi-experimental feature to exclude extension implementations from deployed binaries by defining macros of the form
S3E_EXT_extension_DISABLE_ON_platform. Particularly useful for Quick - means that unused extensions can be removed from the deployment without recompiling or modifying the engine. Also added
loader_implementedkeyword to indicate extensions that are implemented by the Marmalade loader so can't be disabled.
- MSDK-2373 Update SDK license text to include ATI_Compress license. See
\licenses\ASSORTED.LICENSES.TXTin the installed SDK.
- MSDK-2488 Stopped shipping the Photon module. Can now be obtained directly from the Exit Games website.
8.2.1 Release Notes
Build number: 465988
- Support for 3D Touch on iOS. See 'Detecting touch pressure' here.
- Support for WatchKit extensions on iOS.
- Fixed App Store codesigning on PC.
- Added the ability to control the inclusion of extensions that contain IDFA. This is required by apps that were rejected from the App Store for inadvertently using IDFA. For more details see 'Preparing for binary upload' in the iOS Platform Guide.
Changed since 8.2
- MSDK-2294 Fixed a bug where after cancelling the 'Create Deployment' dialog, a blank deployment page was shown.
- HUB-236 The Builds list and 'Last Build' were not updated correctly.
- MSDK-2311 Added ability to view/edit MKB from Hub.
- HUB-309 Fixed a bug where the log was not visible if something went wrong when opening a project.
- HUB-314 Could not create a deployment.mkf file with empty mkb.
- HUB-310 Provide a way to reset deployment settings of a project.
- HUB-125 Add ability to create multiple builds in the 'Builds' page.
- HUB-285 Fixed the Hub UI becoming unresponsive when building on Mac OS.
- HUB-302 Fixed the Configurations tab hanging after cancelling a save operation.
- MSDK-2317 Company name and publisher entries were not being set.
- MSDK-2361 Changes to the project's readme file weren't saved.
- MSDK-2254 Fix issue where removeNode() could not be called multiple times for a given object.
- MSDK-2265 If createSprite is called using a table, allow xScale and yScale to be defined if relativeScaleX/relativeScaleY are not given.
- MSDK-2276 Fix OSDateCallParam lunary test on OS X.
- MSDK-2280 Fix issue where QNode:setParent() was not setting the object in question as a child of the target.
- MSDK-2265 Fix Lunary test code to pass on PC.
- s3ePointer (MSDK-2208) Implemented support for reporting touch pressure using s3ePointer events. Currently supported on selected iOS devices with 3D Touch technology (iPhone 6S/6S Plus) and iPad Pro with Apple Pencil. See Detecting inputs for more information on detecting touch pressure.
- IwAnalytics (MSDK-2302) Deprecate IW_ANALYTICS_EXCLUDE_IDFA_SUPPORT - use new DISABLE macro S3E_EXT_IOSIDENTIFIERS_DISABLE_ON_IPHONE instead. (Remove need to recompile the iwanalytics module to switch behaviour).
- HUB-311 Implemented support for 3D Touch App Shortcut actions (currently supported on iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus) through new s3eIOSAppShortcut extension.
- MSDK-2309 Re-implementation of fix for issue in iOS Native Debug with space in the project name.
- MSDK-2264 Fix for "invalid signature" error during App Store submissions when building on PC.
MSDK-2330 Updated WKWebView interface in s3eWebView to reflect standard ARC changes in UIWebView.
MSDK-2338 Fixed a regression with stack sizing issues which caused crashes on secondary threads due to stack overflow. The crux is that the default for the deployment option SysStackSizePlatform had changed from 0 to 128k. It has been changed back to 0 to get the system default stack size. One manifestation was that s3eAudioPlayFromBuffer crashed on different thread on Android.
- MSDK-2355 Removed spurious warning: "The target name is different across different builds of the project" when building a middleware module or extension with Visual Studio 2015 in Android Native mode.
- MSDK-2286 Minor fix to prevent potential crash in s3eAndroidGooglePlayBilling extension on some devices.
- MSDK-2176 Fixed issue with Alt-F4 being ignored as a quit request when in fullscreen mode.
- MSDK-2334 Fixed regression in snprintf (and friends) in vc11 and vc12 builds where passing 0 for size would cause stack corruption or a crash
- s3eIOSWatch (MSDK-1255) Introduced s3eIOSWatch extension for data exchange between Marmalade apps and WatchKit 1.0 style app extensions (Apple Watch apps). See iOS specific functionality and tips for more information.
- s3eFacebook (MSDK-2210) iOS extension can now provide app activation analytics data to Facebook if EnableAppEvents ICF option is enabled.
- s3eGameCenter (MSDK-2209) Introduced a function to list multiple GameCenter achievements at the same time. Enabled control of achievement completion banner from updated s3eGameCenter example.
- MKB System (MSDK-2289) Fixed a bug where an empty file group  or [""] in a 'files' block in an mkb file would cause an invalid Xcode project to be emitted.
EDK (MSDK-2307) Support DISABLE macros on a subset of extensions in the SDK - those used by prebuilt Quick engine and those that use IDFA on iOS.
8.2 Release Notes
- Windows: 463622
- Mac: 464356
- IncrediBuild support for ARM architecture.
- Improved video support for Windows Desktop.
- Updated version of ZeroBrane Studio for Quick.
- Multidex support for Android.
Changed since 8.1
- HUB-311 Disabled action buttons when building, cleaning or deploying to prevent inconsistent or confusing behaviour.
- HUB-307 Fixed an issue where the Hub would not work due to a DLL which may not be present on all machines.
- HUB-305 Fixed an issue where Configurations page options would not be applied under certain conditions.
- HUB-299 Any open tabs on the Configurations page are now preserved when leaving and returning to the page.
- HUB-297 Fixed an where the Install and run on device button would remain enabled after associated deployment was deleted, causing the Hub to crash if the button was clicked.
- HUB-295 Improved appearance of Cancel and Back buttons to appear more like buttons rather than links.
- HUB-293 Fixed an issue where some deployment configurations for Roku, Windows and BlackBerry were not persisted.
- HUB-292 Added ability to close dialogs using the Escape key.
- HUB-287 Fixed an issue where the Configurations page options
android_sdk_platform_versionhave invalid default values and are not persisted.
- HUB-242 Fixed typo in Create project dialog, on the project type drop down for "Web (HTLM5)" (oops).
- HUB-241 Improved behaviour when saving a configuration on the Configurations page. The interface no longer reverts to the "no configuration" selected appearance which could give the impression that that configuration failed to save.
- HUB-212 Removed the Builds page tab when working with Quick and Web projects. These projects are effectively pre-built apps with user defined resources added (Lua scripts or web content) so the concept of builds is not applicable.
- HUB-117 Open tabs are now persisted and restored when restarting the Hub.
- MSDK-2263 Tabs can now be reordered by clicking and dragging.
- MSDK-2141 Fixed an issue where a project would fail to load when the project's MKB file did not include any subprojects.
- MSDK-2266 Fixed an issue where all old project tabs would be reopened even if they had been previously closed.
- MSDK-2262 Fixed an issue when adding multiple external JARs to a project would cause the project to fail to build.
- MSDK-1606 Updated bundled version of ZeroBrane Studio from 0.5 to 1.2.
- MSDK-2056 Added support for light user data passing in Quick events. You can now use
LUA_EVENT_SET_TOLUA_LIGHT_PTRfor passing simple
void*pointers for comparison in Lua code. See OpenQuick's
- MSDK-1482 Fixed an issue where examples could crash in debug builds on OS X.
MSDK-2119 Removed Cocos2d macro double-definition from IwAnalytics. This removes an associated warning when opening Quick apps.
- MSDK-2242 Cleaned up Quick and OpenQuick C++ code to remove many warnings when rebuilding.
- MSDK-2237 Fixed an issue where Lua runtime error messages were not being printed out.
- MSDK-2029 Fixed an issue where a missing reference to WebKit prevented deployments to iOS from Macs.
- s3eVideo (MSDK-1694) Fixed an issue where screen would not rotate after video finishes playing (All Platforms).
- s3eVideo (MSDK-2175) Fixed an issue where the video was not resized when the window was resized (Simulator).
- s3eCameraCapture (MSDK-905) Fixed camera preview not filling whole screen and wrong back button handling (Windows Phone 8.1).
- s3eSurface (MSDK-2069) Updated API docs to state that s3eSurfaceOrientationLock is not supported on Windows Simulator, OS X and OS X Simulator platforms.
- s3eClipboard (MSDK-1927) Fixed incorrect behavior on Windows Store, Android and NaCL when passing NULL or empty string to
- s3eClipboard (MSDK-257) Fixed
s3eClipboardSetText()incorrect behavior with NULL pointer parameter (Android).
- s3eClipboard (MSDK-321) Fixed a crash when passing NULL pointer parameter to
- s3eClipboard (MSDK-1934) Fixed a hang after passing NULL pointer parameter to
s3eClipboardSetText()(Mac OS X).
- s3eOSReadString (MSDK-1913) Fixed
s3eOSReadStringUTF8()incorrect output if writing empty strings (Windows Store, Windows Phone).
- s3ePointer (MSDK-1922) Fixed an issue where mouse behaves as touch on devices with touch and mouse and keyboard inputs by extending
s3ePointerMultiwith additional notifications (Windows Store, Windows 10).
- IwBilling (MSDK-1971) Fixed potential crash when making deferred call to
- IwBilling (MSDK-1971)
Receiptmember now returns XML receipt data on Windows. Modified example to illustrate this change (Windows).
- IwBilling (MSDK-2178) Fixed an issue where consumable items could not be purchased multiple times (Windows 10).
- IwBilling (MSDK-1865) Fixed an issue where attempting to purchase subscriptions would fail (Android).
- Iw2DSceneGraph (MSDK-1957) Fixed an issue where
CSpritewould not scale to width and height values when just using
CIw2DImageinstead of an atlas. If you were manually scaling sprites as a workaround, you will need to remove this workaround.
- IwUI (MSDK-2112) Fixed an issue where device rotation would not cause surface to re-render due to incorrect interaction with s3eDeviceYieldUntilEvent.
- MSDK-1966 Fixed incorrect PPI value reported on iPhone 6s.
- MSDK-2058 Fixed a codesign issue when adding extra entitlements during deployments.
- MSDK-1111 Increased limit for number of functions in iOS extensions from 1024 to 2048.
- MSDK-2187 Fixed an issue where App Store submission would fail due to Windows
- MSDK-2172 Fixed an issue where App Store submission would fail due to 64-bit only apps not declaring arm64 as a required capability.
- MSDK-2171 Fixed an issue where App Store submission would fail due to not opting out of iPad multitasking capability.
- MSDK-2092 Added multidex support. For details on how to use this feature, see Android configuration and options guide.
- MSDK-2061 Added
android-extra-application-attributes-manifestdeployment option. Use this option to specify application attributes to be added to your app's
AndroidManifest.xmlfile during deployment.
Mac OS X
- MSDK-2101 Fixed incorrect behaviour when toggling fullscreen. Fullscreen button is now re-enabled (disabled on previous release due to this defect).
- MSDK-2068 Fixed
GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATIONerror when running s3eWindow on Simulator.
MSDK-2138 Fixed issue where mouse wheel events were not reported.
- MSDK-2195 Fixed an issue where
S3E_DEVICE_MEM_FREEcould return a negative value.
- MSDK-2194 Fixed an issue where a project could fail to deploy with a "WARNING: import of wp81 failed..." error message.
Window Phone 8.1
- MSDK-2013 Fixed wrong pointer placement on devices with on-screen soft keys.
- MSDK-2131 s3eVideo now uses Media Foundation. All file formats for video supported by Media Foundation (such as MPEG4 and H.264) are now available on Windows Desktop (Vista and later) without requiring installation of additional codecs.
- MSDK-2098 Fixed incorrect value returned from
S3E_DEVICE_OS_VERSIONproperty when running on Windows 8.1 or later.
- MSDK-2116 Fixed Simulator crash on exit of
- MSDK-2046 Fixed crash on some Windows 10 Mobile devices when playing fullscreen video.
MSDK-1926 Fixed an issue where accelerometer would not work correctly on Windows.Desktop device family.
- MSDK-2047 Fixed an issue where s3eEmail did not work on Windows 10 Mobile.
- MSDK-2239 Fixed an issue where the Roku remote would not be recognised if it is in "sleep" mode when the app is started.
- MSDK-2129 Replaced deprecated
requires_bluetoothmanifest option with
- MSDK-2128 Fixed an issue where wrong value would be assigned to
requires_gaming_remote) manifest option when set in the Hub.
Google Native Client
- MSDK-1599 Fixed an issue where a long delay could occur when suspending then resuming an app.
- IwUICalculator (MSDK-404) Fixed an issue where button size was not calculated correctly for widescreen devices.
- IwTwitter (MSDK-1711) Corrected instructions in example to state that username or email address can be used for login.
s3eEvent (MSDK-852) Fixed missing Marmalade icon.
- s3eIOSNotifications (MSDK-1289) Fixed an issue where the example would crash on cancelling message box without entering details.
- s3ePointerMulti (MSDK-706) Fixed an issue where the cursor status message was not shown correctly (Windows Desktop, Windows 10).
- s3eWebView (MSDK-1988) Fixed missing support for
WKWebView. Similarly, added support for
s3ebridgehas itself been modified: for any existing Marmalade Web project, the
data/webassets/wm.jsfile will need to be replaced with
web/wmJS/wm.jsfrom the installed Marmalade SDK (iOS).
- s3eWebView (MSDK-2075) Remaining unit test failures now pass with
WKWebViewon iOS 9. Added support to read local files via
ram://. Fixed missing error callback support (iOS).
- s3eWebView (MSDK-2075) Add
[WEBVIEW]IOSWebViewIOS8AllowWKfeature to allow
WKWebViewto be used on iOS 9 but not iOS 8. On iOS 8
WKWebViewdoes not support the opening of local files (iOS).
- s3eWebView (MSDK-2197) Fixed an issue when using
UIWebViewwhere device memory could be exhausted (iOS).
s3ePermissions (MSDK-2142) Fixed local string references leak (Android).
- Simulator (MSDK-1110) Fixed an issue where
WinHeightICF settings were ignored on OS X.
- Simulator (MSDK-2174) Added support for iPad Pro screen resolution.
- IncrediBuild (MSDK-2127) Fixed an issue that prevented IncrediBuild working for ARM and AARCH64 builds.
- Visual Studio (MSDK-2261) Fixed an issue where using the
msvc-no-debug-infooption would cause a full rebuild.
- Mac Installer (MSDK-2202) Fixed an issue where the disk image was incorrectly signed, requiring users to allow installation from "unidentified developers".
- MKB System (MSDK-2198) Introduced
win32-linkflagsMKB option for Visual Studio projects using native toolchain (equivalent to
linkflagsoption used by GCC toolchain). This option supports the
/DELAYLOAD} flag and applies changes to the appropriate section of the Visual Studio project file.
- MKB System (MSDK-2103) Fixed an issue where the technique used to detect
PowerShell.exelocation was incorrect, leading to failure to deploy Windows Phone, Windows Store and Windows 10 packages.
8.1 Release Notes
Build number: 459948
- Android API level 23 (Marshmallow) now supported.
- Added S3E Permissions extension to support Android M permissions.
- Added support for iOS 9.1 frameworks.
- Improved support for Mac OS X 10.11 platform.
With this release, the default minimum SDK version for Android apps has changed from 8 to 9.
Android 2.3 is now the earliest version supported.
Changed since 8.0
- HUB-259 Package Creator now available from the Tools page.
- HUB-266 Fixed an error when opening a project with subprojects containing deployment options.
- HUB-225 Distracting Terminal windows no longer appear when launching the Hub or external tools (Mac).
- HUB-238 Fixed a random crash on launch (Mac).
- HUB-262 Fixed a random crash on exit (Mac).
- HUB-237 Fixed a random crash when several projects were open at once.
- HUB-189 Fixed a crash when attempting to open a project that was deleted outside of the Hub.
- HUB-270 Fixed an issue where Maya/3ds Max exporters would not install correctly.
- HUB-264 Updated name of Hub in Dock from "hub2" to "Marmalade Hub" (Mac).
- HUB-275 Added "busy indicator" to footer in various screens.
- HUB-286 Fixed an issue where the Hub would crash on exit if background scripts were still executing.
- HUB-271 Defaults for
android_sdk_platform_versionupdated to 23.0.2 and 23 respectively as part of supporting Android M.
- HUB-282 Modified SDK behaviour to ensure that Android SDK build tools and platform versions are preserved on a per-SDK installation basis.
- MSDK-2088 Fixed an issue where the Hub would crash if opening a project created on a different development machine.
- MSDK-2082 Fixed an issue where some deployment settings were not saved when changing a project Configuration.
- MSDK-1896 Fixed an issue where the Open in IDE for debugging button would not update correctly based on the IDE selected in Platform Settings.
- MSDK-1978 Fixed an issue that caused the
iphone-extra-plistdeployment option from working when specified through the Hub.
- MSDK-1813 Fixed an issue where breakpoint debugging on iOS stopped working due to changes made to support IPv6 networks.
- MSDK-1820 Fixed broken
modules/third_party/openquick/openquick_toluascript on Mac. Now uses
quickfolder and is executable.
- MSDK-1822 Quick rebuild scripts (
quick/build_quick_prebuilt.batand so on) now all run
tolua++scripts first so you don't have to.
- IwUtil (MSDK-1816) Fixed an issue where some Simulator-only debug code was being included in x86 builds.
- General (MSDK-1804) Added
[s3e]MemMgrTrackTableSizeICF setting to allow S3E-side allocations tracking table size to be modified.
- s3eWebView (MSDK-1891) Fixed an issue where
S3E_WEBVIEW_STARTED_LOADINGcallback was not being invoked when using WKWebView on iOS 8 or later (iOS).
- s3eWebView (MSDK-1949) Fixed an issue where transparent web content was rendered as opaque (iOS).
- s3eWebView (MSDK-1675) Introduced
IOSWebViewDiskCacheICF settings to allow control over resources available to web views (iOS).
- s3eCamera (MSDK-1448) Fixed an issue where the "large" camera size would not work on certain devices (Android).
- s3eCamera (MSDK-1721) Fixed an issue where refusing to allow access to the camera would result in a crash (Windows Store 8.1).
- s3eCamera (MSDK-1744) Fixed an issue where camera video stream could stop working (Windows Store 8.0/8.1).
- s3eCamera (MSDK-1747) Fixed an issue where the rear camera could be selected even when the front camera was specified (Windows 10).
- s3eCamera (MSDK-1748) Fixed an issue where the camera would stop working after a period of time (Windows 10).
- s3eCamera (MSDK-1749) Fixed an issue where switching to the front camera would result in no video stream (Windows Store 8.1, Windows 10).
- s3eCamera (MSDK-1928) Fixed an issue where camera video stream was corrupted due to unsupported YUY2 pixel format (Windows Store 8.1, Windows 10) .
- MSDK-2004 Added support for iOS 9.1 frameworks.
- MSDK-1874 Fixed an issue where use of the deprecated
CFBundleResourceSpecificationkey in your app's
info.plistfile could cause App Store rejection.
- MSDK-1598 Fixed an issue where vibra would be reported as supported for iPod touch.
- MSDK-1856 Added S3E Permissions extension to handle Android 6.0+ permissions model.
- MSDK-1695 Updated
s3e-gdbscripts for Native Debug to support pre-Lollipop devices, x86 and ARM variants.
- MSDK-1381 Updated Android SDK build tools to 23.0.2 and default platform JAR to API 23. Also, increased the default minimum SDK version to API 9 (2.3.x Gingerbread).
- MSDK-1386 Updated Android SDK Support Library to 23.1.
Mac OS X
- MSDK-1870 Refactored platform loader for better compatibility when running on Mac OS X 10.11.
- MSDK-1849 Fixed an issue where Windows XP deployments failed to run due to a missing implementation in sockets library.
- MSDK-1839 Added support for ICF
S3E_SURFACE_DEVICE_ORIENTATION_LOCKon Windows Desktop apps when running on tablet devices with Windows 8.0 or later, and when in full screen mode. Also properly handle the screen being rotated. Note that if ICF
WinUseNonExclusiveModeFullscreenis set to 0 (the default) only fixed portrait or fixed landscape modes are supported, with other modes being mapped to one of those as appropriate.
- WINTEN-11 Added support for s3eWindows .
- WINTEN-66 Added support for s3eContacts.
- WINTEN-67 Added support for s3eEMail on desktop/tablet.
- WINTEN-91 Fixed s3eMixSoundAudio example so that volume can now be changed with software buttons.
- WINTEN-203 Fixed several issues with s3eSocket on Windows 10 Mobile.
- WINTEN-211 Fixed an issue where IwHttpExample would not connect to server when running on Windows 10 Mobile.
- WINTEN-215 Fixed an issue where Quick examples would assert on Windows 10 Mobile.
- WINTEN-219 Fixed an issue where s3eSoundRecord could crash.
- s3eIOSAppStoreBilling (MSDK-1815) Fixed an issue that prevented the example from working unless the bundle ID was set properly.
- My First Marmalade Core App (Stage 7) (MSDK-1824) Updated example so that Facebook posts work better on iOS (now uses the Facebook app or Web-based login details).
- s3eCameraBasic (MSDK-1566) Fixed an issue that could prevent the example from building.
- s3eImagePicker (MSDK-1987) Fixed an issue where choosing an unsupported filetype would crash the example.
- s3eSharedWhiteboard (MSDK-161) Improved the behaviour of the example by fixing it to landscape rotation.
- s3eIOSAppStoreBilling (MSDK-1815) Fixed an issue where the callback to indicate that restoring purchases has failed was missing (iOS).
- s3eIOSAppStoreBilling (MSDK-1883) Fixed an issue where on iOS 7 or later the receipt was returned in the deprecated JSON format rather than binary format (iOS).
- s3eIOSBackgroundMusic (MSDK-1400) This extension is now deprecated. Please use the cross-platform s3eBackgroundMusic instead.
- s3eChartBoost, s3eInMobiAds, s3eAmazonAds, s3eFlurryAppSpot, s3eGoogleAdMob (MSDK-1715) Added ATS (Application Transport Security) exceptions for iOS 9 (iOS).
- s3eAmazonAds (MSDK-1976) Fixed an issue which stopped test ads from working (iOS).
- ld64 (MSDK-1796) Updated to v253.3 to support third-party libraries built for iOS 9 and Xcode 7.
- iPhone Signer (MSDK-1224) Now able to process binary plist files.
- iPhone Signer (MSDK-1224) Now understands iOS extensions bundles (iOS 8 and app extensions).
iPhone Signer (MSDK-1224) Timestamp of signed binaries is no longer 1/1/1970.
- Package Creator (MSDK-1373) Removed unnecessary
build.shscripts when creating packages (Windows).
- Package Installer (mpm) (MSDK-1718) Cleanup packages after installation to avoid having orphaned files.
- Package Installer (mpm) (MSDK-1858) Spaces in package names can now be installed correctly.
- Maya Exporter (MSDK-1918) Fixed a crash when using certain texture paths (for example, would fail to export the Sponza model).
- Python Scripts (MSDK-1831) Fixed an issue that prevented non-bash shells (such as MinGW) from executing Python scripts.
- IncrediBuild (MSDK-1940) Fixed an issue that prevented IncrediBuild from working with VS2013 and VS2015.
- EDK Builder (MSDK-1888) Fixed an issue where incorrect error code documentation was auto-generated for callback
8.0 Release Notes
Build number: 453792
- New! Marmalade Hub, for Mac and Windows.
- New! Marmalade Analytics, free cross-platform analytics.
- New! Android Native Debug, now out of beta.
- S3E Web View now supports WKWebView on iOS.
- S3E Windows Ad now supported on Windows 10.
Changed since 7.10
Marmalade Cloud Services
- New version of the Marmalade Hub for both Mac and Windows.
- MSDK-1218 Add support for creating and passing Lua tables to Quick events from C callbacks. See here for more details.
- MSDK-1377 Fixed Facebook example "close and clear" behaviour.
- MSDK-1672 Fixed issue when deploying tutorial examples from the command line when using SCons.
- MSDK-1629 Fixed regression in
dofile()behaviour (now returns value as required).
- MSDK-1684, MA-34836 Fixed an issue with incorrect precompiled Lua file paths.
- MSDK-1708 Fixed an issue where out-of-date
quickluacontents prevented game tutorials from working.
- IwGx (MSDK-1570) Fixed an issue where incorrect symbols were being used due to inclusion of
ATI_Compress_MT_VC7.libin link libraries for non-desktop Windows x86 platforms.
- IwCRT (MSDK-1733)
getaddrinfo()function now handles
- IwUtil (MSDK-1557) Added
[util]MemMgrTrackTableSizeICF setting to allow allocations tracking table size to be modified.
- C Standard Library (MSDK-1644) Fixed a memory corruption in
fsetpos()functions on 64-bit platforms.
- s3eWebView (MSDK-1681) Now supports WKWebView on iOS 8 or later. To use WKWebView set the
[webview]IOSWebViewTypeICF setting to 1. In a future release WKWebView will become the default web view engine (when using iOS 8 or later).
- s3eCallback (MSDK-1464) Fixed an issue where callback completion function calls could be lost, for example in
- s3eSurface (MSDK-1735) Extended quantised resolutions list to align with modern device resolutions.
- MSDK-1282 Specifying a generic icon in the Hub will now only generate the icon sizes required for iOS 7 or later.
- MSDK-1247 Fixed an issue that prevented iOS Native Debug from working with 32-bit builds running on 64-bit iOS devices.
- Android Native Debug (previously in beta). Use the Visual Studio Debugger or GDB to debug your Marmalade apps on Android devices.
- MSDK-1680 Fixed an issue where Android Native Debug did not work in Visual Studio when launched from the Hub.
- MSDK-1720 Compiler flags when using Android Native Debug are now correctly reflected in Visual Studio project properties.
- MSDK-1743 Fixed an issue where app library output path was set to filesystem root for Android Native Debug in Visual Studio 2015.
- MSDK-1742 Fixed an issue where both ARM and x86 libraries were included in the APK for Android Native Debug in Visual Studio 2015.
- MSDK-1310 ARMv7-A vfpv3 softfp is the default variant set for Android Native Debug builds for ARM targets. Middleware libraries now use
--android-x86command line arguments deprecated in favour of
- MSDK-1764 Fixed an issue where the
.licfile was not generated for
--androidnative --armScons build on Windows.
- MSDK-1771 Fixed an issue where third-party libraries were not being added to the APK for
--androidnativebuilt from command-line.
- MSDK-1704 Fixed an issue where C++ compiler flags were applied to C source files when building with Visual Studio 2015.
- MSDK-1735 Fixed compiler flags applied for Android Native Debug in Visual Studio 2015.
- MSDK-1735 Fixed an issue where Debug extension libraries were deployed for Release builds for Android Native Debug in Visual Studio 2015.
- MSDK-1799 Added deploy and run command-line support for APK built with Visual Studio 2015.
- MSDK-1787 Fixed a crash on startup when
targetSdkVersion=23for ARM builds.
- MSDK-1714 Fixed Android x86 regression when using SSE optimisations (for example when using S3E Video to play jpeg images).
- MSDK-385 Can now handle
assetssection of MKB. Note that the result of adding
foo.gzto assets is that both
foowill be present in the APK (this is a feature of the Android packaging tool used to generate the file). Previously only
foowould be added and not
Windows Phone 8.1
- MSDK-1660 Fixed an issue where debug trace was not shown when using Visual Studio 2013.
- MSDK-1827 Fixed an issue when using s3eImagePicker where resuming after suspend would restart rather than resume the app.
Mac OS X
- MSDK-1264 Fixed issue where OS X SDK version could not be properly detected (such as when running Xcode 6.4 on OSX 10.11).
- MSDK-1264 Introduced
osx-versionMKB option to force specific OS X SDK version when building OS X extensions.
- MSDK-1782 Fixed an issue where not all command line arguments were passed to
- MSDK-1782 Fixed an issue where not all command line arguments were passed to
- MSDK-1631 Fixed link errors when using x86 Release mode in Visual Studio 2015.
- WINTEN-81 S3E Windows Ad extension now supports Windows 10.
- MSDK-843 (s3eSoundboard) Fixed compilation error in example.
- MSDK-385 (s3eCompressionBasic) Updated example to handle errors when opening data file.
- MSDK-744 (HarvestHijinks C++ Tutorial, Stage7) Message posted to Facebook now correctly reports the game level that has been completed.
- MSDK-1789 (s3eFacebook) Fixed an issue that prevented example from being compiled for ARM.
- MSDK-522 Fixed various compilation errors in examples when using iOS Native Debug for 64-bit.
- Package Manager (MSDK-1719) On Windows, now waits for a keypress after installing a package before closing output window.
- MKB System (MSDK-1706) Fixed handling of
builddirfor Android Native Debug when building with SCons.
- MKB System (MSDK-1776) The GCC linker flag
fFlagis now always applied, as-needed, when building on Windows or Mac (for non-MIPS platforms).
MKB System (MSDK-1778) The default compiler for x86 targets is now GCC rather than RVCT.
- No labels